Key Blank Reference Pre-2004

I noticed that my 2004 Ilco Key Reference only has vehicles after 1981.

Is there somewhere I can get any references for vehicles pre-1981?

Preferably free. Online somewhere?

Reply to
MonkeyWithATypewriter.com

I 'think' National had/has a book available that covers old car key blanks, back to 1890s or so.. I can find my copy tomorrow and get you details..

it HAS PICTURES!!!!.. lists by vehicle..

and there is one other one that also covers a lot of old locks, but NOT limited to cars alone..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Some old hands like me might have one around the shop. I think the older Ilcos Auto Truck key blank Reference went back a ways.

Free? Call some lock wholesalers.

Online? don't know of any. Did you check Ilco's website?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I tried searching the Ilco site and couldn't find any reference material before 2004.

Reply to
MonkeyWithATypewriter.com

Monkey email me.

You'll have to take out the TAKETHISOFF from my address at snipped-for-privacy@TAKETHISOFFpeoplepc.com.

I can solve your problem with a 319 kb pdf file I'll give you for a 2001 Ilco reference going back to 67 or so scanned with AVG anti-virus.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

I'd like to email you, but I'm veiwing this forum with Google and they put dots in part of the email addresses to hide spambots. So I can't even see what it's supposed to be.

I have the last part of the email though.

If you want, you can get my email address from here:

It's javascript spam proofed, so if you don't have javascript enabled you can email me from that form and I can email you back directly.

I really appreciate the file.

Thanks.

Reply to
MonkeyWithATypewriter.com

Lets make it easy. It's Lockservice and it's at Peoplepc.com

Reply to
Glen Cooper

I just sent it to "GD". Check your company inbox. Let me know. I think it's 326KB.

message

Reply to
Glen Cooper

I got it yesterday. Thanks a lot!

Reply to
MonkeyWithATypewriter.com

Anything before 1970? I have some old blanks that I would like to get full application for, and they are used for 1970 in that book, which leads me to suspect that they are for even earlier than that as well.

Reply to
MonkeyWithATypewriter.com

email me a list.. I can look and see.

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Well, for starters, I'd like to know all applications (all years, makes, and models) for MG1.

Reply to
MonkeyWithATypewriter.com

well, 70-88.. code series NH2000-3001, seems to be hit and miss for Jag, British Leyland, and Vauxhall and thats ALL the code book that I got showed, seems to be available as they saw fit for whatever model year, they in some cases had 3 different possibilities of the key available..but I didnt find a year list that said THIS YEAR-THIS key..

its as bad as a Harley..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

For older English cars you are likely to find anything. It was always a crap shoot to guess which blank was used.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf