Key Code

I have curtis code book but i will like to know how do i find the key code on the car is it with the vin number..

Reply to
ronnie diaz

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha You moron...

Reply to
Me

Reply to
Billy B. Edwards Jr.

. Now THERE'S a real grown-up reply

To answer your question Ronnie... Where you're confused is; (some) auto manufacturers can look up the vehicle by VIN on their computer system and find the keycode - along with a wealth of other information about that particular vehicle, including paint codes, drivetrain information, etc.

You (or I) cannot simply look a code (or cuts) by the VIN.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Ottawa Canada

The key code may or may nlt be marked on the car, but if you phone the car's manufacturer and give them the VIN, they should have it on their computer, at least the code for the keys the car left the plant with.

Subsequent rekeying may or may not be recorded at the manufacturer, depending upon whether an authorized car dealer did the work or not.

The manufacturer may or may not provide the key code information to you.

Brian

"Billy B. Edwards Jr." ( snipped-for-privacy@thelockman.com) writes:

Reply to
Brian K.Lingard

It might not be grown up...but i think this answer is funny...it covers my first reaction. ~GapLock

Reply to
GapLock

The manufacturers will not give out key codes over the phone. You have to go into a dealership with proper title and ID. Then you might just get lucky and be able to get the code if the car is not too old. Ford for example only goes back 6-7 years from current production model.

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis