Key Code

Does anyone have any information on "K 010"? (wheel, card, blank, bitting)

Its a "Weatherguard" Truck Box. The cylinder is stamped with that but Code Source knows nothing about it. I don't do any automotive, but my neighbor asked me for this one.

TIA

Jack President Allied Lock & Security, Inc. Atlanta, GA

404-459-7001
Reply to
JACK

If a CO106/Ilco 1003M is the keyway, try runing the number with TESKEY as the manufacture.

Skip

Reply to
Skip

I don't quite understand how this lock works - retracts?

// the newly redesigned WEATHER GUARD aluminum truck boxes, including the Extreme Protection Lock(TM), which incorporates a retracting lock that adds tamper resistance and an internal torque ring that eliminates many common keyhole break-ins. The retracting button also allows professionals to visually determine locked status from a distance. [...] Similar to automobile hatchbacks, the new latch design provides a smooth "one touch" opening, a feature that will be appreciated by anyone trying to open their box while carrying a handful of tools. //

old style pic on the open steel one at weatherguard
style pic on the aluminum closed
Links to the pics' links at
&

Mike Easter

Most truck boxes I've seen take an IN-8 key, usually I use Illinois spacing. Sight read or impression.

Thanks for the secret squirrel handshake.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks, I try the IN-8 and the 1003M and impression it. Code Source is having a stupid attack regarding TESKEY as well. Mines about 3 yrs old so it might need updating. I don't use it much since I don't do automotive and rarely play with padlocks. It works well for file cabs though. Thanks again, I'll get those blanks and see if it will talk to me.

JACK

Reply to
pickproof

genericode has a listing for weatherguard:

33554 ilco#1970am or ra4 hpc card is c1
Reply to
mjkoce

should always look for a clue before posting on any n/g.

Key

thanks, will give that a try

JACK