Re: Need key Info from code

> I'm building a motorcycle from junk. > 1985 Honda Shadow VT500C > Of course, the lockset has no keys. > I picked the tank lock to get the numbers. > Keycode is A62 > I need the translation from that code to the > profile information to make the key. > > Where better to ask for help than the place > where hundreds of readers have that info at their > fingertips? >

Cuts: 1 1 3 3 1 Blanks: Curtis HD-74 Ilco HD74 Silca HON39

Cuts from bow to tip.

Spacing Depth

.098 .272

.197 .272

.295 .213

.394 .213

.492 .272

I emailed it to ya to because as far as I can tell the paranoid nuts who for some crazy reason think this information thats in code programs and books anybody with a few $$ to spend can buy is secret information probably ran you off by now. Don't feel bad. They've chased off pretty much everybody else too which is why this group is just about dead.

Reply to
whothehellknowswho

"whothehellknowswho" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com trolled in message

---snip the clueless troll---

why not post the real code for your car and also your real physical address. do you really think that would be safe for you to do on this open forum for all eyes to see ? come on, put your trust where your mouth is !

Reply to
Key

Ah yes this is your mantra everytime you are about to lose a Usenet debate. Anyone who doesn't agree with you and uses logic against you must be a troll.

Doing this would be impossible because unlike the majority of the unfortunate customers the lock and locksmithing industries have scammed over the years with insecure products I know that coded locks provide no security. The one possible exception being when the code is stamped ONLY on the lock cylinder itself so that in order to get it the locking mechanism must be dissassembled to the point that it's already defeated, and in this case you can advance no credible argument how giving the code compromises security because to get the code the lock has already been removed. For that reason I don't continue to use any locks with codes stamped on any visible part of them or in the case of vehicles with codes available by VIN either. Therefore I can't provide them to you. I change/rekey them immediately or obliterate the code numbers as applicable. Coded locks like most of the other things your industry demands secrecy with regard to the weaknesses of are a vulnerability created by YOUR OWN industry. You and your industry are willing to compromise your customers security for nothing more than your own convenience, so you have nobody to blame but yourselves. The previous exception notwithstanding, your industry destroyed any hint of security with regard to coded locks the moment the codes were created just as they have with all the other fatally flawed designs they use that can be defeated by a 12 year old and a paperclip or a 14 year old and an electric drill. Coded locks and locks easily picked are the worst though because the customer may well be denied on his or her insurance claim without obvious forced entry and the poor customer can't come up with an explanation because YOUR INDUSTRY did not disclose to them the security flaws inherent in their locks. Being delusional, logically challenged, or just plain dishonest people like you try to blame anyone who won't go along with your little coverup. LMAO at that. The time is coming when your industry will be forced to clean up it's act. I imagine it won't be long as the flaws become more and more public before the trial lawyers catch on to this and the lawsuits begin. 95% of the locksmiths in America have sold known insecure products to customers without disclosing the security flaws. It's a lawyer feeding frenzy in the making. The big firms will go after the big manufacturers and the little firms will go after the locksmith on the corner. Your industry has no defense. You have sold and installed KNOWN FLAWED products without disclosing the flaws to the customers. You are the experts. You have an ethical duty to disclose the known security flaws in any security products you sell. YOU have betrayed your customers. Now that I think about it I think I may post a simple way to set up a locksmith who sells insecure product without disclosing it's flaws for a profitable lawsuit. The tactic will not work with an HONEST locksmith who frankly explains security flaws to customers, so honest professionals have nothing to worry about, but we all know that guy is maybe 5% of your whole trade.

Reply to
whothehellknowswho

Didn't think he would. Guess it's only OK when it's other peoples locks.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"whothehellknowswho" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com trolled, yet again in message

you haven't proved shit ! are you always this dense ? never mind, enough of your clueless bull shit. <plonk>

Reply to
Key

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-&spamblock*-@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:LhWLg.7782$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

yea, just shows he is nothing but hot air... why not just <plonk> him and be done with the clueless jerk ?

Reply to
Key

"'Key" snipped-for-privacy@Ya.Net trolled in message news:6n1Mg.13697$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com...

You're the one who is about as dense as a brick of lead. He proved you about as clueless as they come and you don't even know it. He made logical coherent points and a pretty damning indictment of your industry. You couldn't respond to any of his points and instead acted like a 5 year old screaming insults before slamming his bedroom door. Pretty pathetic although I guess when everybody on usenet is smarter than you and you can't win an argument you adapt whatever coping strategy you can, no matter how pitiful it might be. No doubt who won that argument and it sure wasn't you.

Reply to
Tim Mathews

Because evidently he is illiterate "Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-&spamblock*-@hotmail.com> had someone write for him in message news:LhWLg.7782$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

Wow another rocket scientist who's a locksmith in his spare time. As I understood it he doesn't use coded locks of course I have an obvious advantage on you in that I can actually read.

Reply to
Tim Mathews

"Tim Mathews" snipped-for-privacy@spamthis.net trolled in message

you're just a stinking troll...

he didn't prove anything. just as you are doing now :-)

wrong troll-boy ! he trolled about something that he was completly clueless about.

yea I did, but you and he are too stump-stupid to understand.

wasn't competing against anyone. sorry I insulted your butt-buddy, troll-boy.

nuff time wasted on the both of you ! <plonk>

Reply to
Key

What part of: "I don't continue to use any locks with codes stamped on any visible part of them or in the case of vehicles with codes available by VIN either."

Confused you?? I know most locksmiths in general are not very bright but I thought they could read.

Reply to
whothehellknowswho

In other words everything I said was completely accurate and you have no idea how to refute any of it so you are just going to tuck your tail and run. Pretty much what I expected.

Reply to
whothehellknowswho

I'll leave the question and the reply, so people can see who's not answering the question.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What you need to do is stop eating lead paint. One more time: I don't use coded locks so what codes would you like me to post? As far as address did the person who's code request I answered post his address? Did I post his address? Are you smart enough to figure out his address? LMFAO at this last one. So what the hell does an address have to do with anything? I'll make you a deal Chris I will post my address if you have no problem with me posting your address up there in Farmington NY and if Key AKA Doug A**n has no problem with me posting his address including the lot number of his broken down trailer down there in Shreveport. That's right I know who and where both of you are and it took less than 10 minutes. I might throw in your DOB's and SSN's just for kicks.

Reply to
whothehellknowswho