bmw transponder info

Im trying to find out ant info I can for bmw systems. We currently have the BRM to be able to program new keys into the car. But the problem is it's a risk. If you accidentally program a slot it could kick out a customers current key. We need to find out what slot a current key is programmed into.

We know the bmw keys hold info such as the miles, vin, and car info in the key. We figured out wich bytes in the key are the vin all though we cant decode it yet to get the exact vin. We are mostly concerned as to which bits hold the slot number of the key.

It would also be nice to know which byte is the locking byte for the key in the beamer keys as the rover and mini keys do not seem to have this locking bit.

We are able to dump the info from the key to hex but are also haaving trouble translating the hex. Any one have any suggestions?

Reply to
EonicRush

Since you say you already have the BRM, why don't you just contact the company you bought it from? I know they have this info.

Dennis

E> Im trying to find out ant info I can for bmw systems. We currently

Reply to
Dennis

Reply to
EonicRush

Who did you buy it from? One company I know of that sells this give out most of what you requested with the kit. I do not remember the recommended slot number, but the one they recommend using is the one reserved for the valet key. At least that what I think I remember.

Dennis

E> They do not have this > > Since you say you already have the BRM, why don't you just contact the

Reply to
Dennis

I am thinking one of the 2 magazines had a brief thing about this within the last few months..assuming its the same model..or models..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me