OK, concensus please

I asked this question several weeks ago and got the jumble of responses.

Refresher: my parents own a condo in Destin FL (panhandle of Florida). The complex is wanting to replace all of the door hardware. Local smith is advising Titan knobs and D/B's.

From the posts that I got, I'm surmizing that F-series schlage and kwiksets are out. Any other suggestions? How about the typical LSDA(S.parker/Cal Royal) knobs and Lori D/B's? Thats what I would use as a first choice here in ATL, GA. I won't use Weiser even though the housings are now plastic (probably would be the least corrosive). I just trying to get a feel for the salt-air environment and what will hold up. We are now

2 weeks out from having to get/key/install.

I would really appreciate any input from the smiths out there that have dealt with salt-air environments, I have never had to deal with it, plus any other various suggestions you might have.

TIA Jack Wynn Allied Lock & Security, Inc. Atlanta, GA

404.459.7001
Reply to
JACK

right Any other suggestions? How about the typical

grade 2? Cal Royal dont 'look' too bad, however, how 'salt water' is the atmosphere? ask how bad old cars rust, and you will get an idea..

and Lori D/B's?

PERSONALLY ..LOVE Lori deadbolts.. BUT, back to the corrosion factor-unknown, BUT, this DOES allow you to get a SOLID brass

-less face cap, lock cylinder in the system, and brass does NOT go bad as such in salt water situations.

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

wouldn't be my first choice in a salt-air environment.

not a bad choice.

weiser's quality has fallen off a lot in the past 10 years. they wear out very quickly too.

as I stated before, (whatever they choose) locks should be serviced on a regular schedule in a salt-air environment. they can be taken off and cleaned in diesel, lubed and re-installed..

g'luck

Reply to
Key

Reply to
leftcontact

Put in decent quality Grade 2 hardware in Stainless Steel, you can even find some in Marine Grade (used on boats, ships). Use a real good lubricant, re-lube once a year. Replace every 10 years. Good Luck!

---- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 3372 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Bill Halle