Kwick Pick info?

I have recently found a device called a Kwick Pick, a 3 in 1 tool used for picking various locks. But in the catalogue I've seen it in, it is quite expensive when v.a.t. and postage is considered. Does anyone know where i can find one for a reasonable price in the UK and if they are effective? Many thanks, Chrisssss..........

Reply to
Chrisssssss.........

Open a BS3621 5 lever Chubb or similar with one of those - don't be funny (they are very common there even though sone USA council fire departments would ban them). No wonder they say 'various locks' in their advertising.

Reply to
Peter

I believe there were some comments about the Kwick Pick in the past, concluding that it was a rip-off; check the archives.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

If you want to spend $20 US for one rake and one tension wrench in a tubular case, go ahead. My son bought one for $5 and he said it's no better than any other similar rake or wrench. There are so many quality picks and rakes, I wouldn't waste your money on it. As with so many of the gadgets that claim to open any lock, it's not the tool but the skill of the operator.

Skip

Reply to
Skip

Never Pay a Locksmith again?? Hey-I'm a Locksmith-Dammit!!! (LOL)

The small write-up says it works great for Weiser-(Wow!!!) I could say more about the Weiser, but I won't.

Chrisssssssss........., Why not buy yourself a good 8 or 10 piece set, like HPC for example. Then get yourself a couple books on the subject. Then practice, practice, practice.

I would'nt know much about availability in the U.K..I could ask a few people who would know.

Why not get into the real "MEAT" of picking. That One-tool-does-all looks impressive in a magazine or on a website-but the real world is a different story.

I think SouthOrd does international orders. google it.

Later, goma.

Reply to
goma865

A Kwick pick is as effective as the operator. In my hands, it's very effective. But, then, I've been a locksmith for twenty one years.

I don't know UK, so can't advise you about shipping, etc. I do know lock picks, and can advise you that it's highly overpriced, and a waste of money.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon