Aerosol cutting fluid - anyone using it?

I purchased 3 x 400ml aerosol cans of 'oily brown gunge' from Scewfix a couple of years ago at quite a reasonable price (about 3.60) but I now find
that they no longer stock it. Farnell have 2 or 3 available at far greater cost or a carton of a dozen is available at many distibutors. I found it to be very good to in getting the stuff to the right place without getting gallons of smelly stuff everywhere. Anyone know of a source at a reasonable price and without an 8.95 delivery charge?
Thanks, Paul

try pledge furniture polish ...you may be pleasantly surprised
all the best.markj

I use wd 40....

I use 'lard oil' and buy it in 5 litre containers. None of this pongy stuff. A smell of bacon frying! After all, this was what the old boys used way back.
On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 00:05:37 -0700 (PDT), ravensworth2674
Tried it for frying yer chips? <G>
Regards, Tony

Works fine, they are no longer blue! Er-uhm? The wooden chips were not much good, they bunged up the planer with the oil. More Er-Uhm?
Works OK on Fry's Metals
Even more Er-uhm
Recall Dr CEM Joad in Brains Trust? It all depends on what you mean by*********
And his mate Prof Jacob Bronowski-- Thank you for humouring me
Even more of the same
Norm
On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 04:37:27 -0700, ravensworth2674 wrote:

sshhh........ you're showing your age, you should have has anyone heard of.....
--
Neil
reverse ra and delete l

I was accused of waving my arms like a mad scientist the other day. I admitted to doing a Magnus Pyke, which got the response: "Who?"

I confess to doing a very good- well sort of, Benny Hill in the Italian Job. 1 I have 'done it' 2. I live in a lunatic asylum( well part of it is still one) 3. I know several Matrons- and I am not giving introductions. They are mine------alll mine!
On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 20:27:56 +0100, "Paul Bernard"

I found some on one of the stalls at the Harrogate show a couple of years back. Seems to work OK. Can't remember which stand it was though.
Regards, Tony

Nearest thing from Screwfix but not an aerosol http://www.screwfix.com/prods/27134/Hand-Tools/Tap-Die-Sets/Speed-Die-Oil
Henry
On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 20:27:56 +0100, "Paul Bernard"

There's some stuff called CT90 by ActionCan (prepend and append www. and .com respectively) that works nicely. Also, the MCT range by Morris of Shrewsbury is good.
<Sven> Why do you need a fluid for cutting your aerosol? </Sven>

ToolStation also sell it in 400ml aerosols for 2.58ea + 5 carriage for orders under 45. Quite possibly the same stuff as Screwfix's because the man who runs ToolStation owned Screwfix before selling out to B&Q.
See http://www.toolstation.com/shop/LubricantsampFinishes/ServicingSpray/d150/sd2410
Bob

This question is really where does one get cutting fluids which don't have fancy prices but work exactly the same.
All my cutting fluids and lubricants come from local outlets if large firms who are prepared to sell to dirty people in dirtier overalls 5 litres.for cash.
We have two in Geordieland and I always ask if they have ' the equivalent to **' I have been doing this since the middle 50's without bother.
Simply Yellow Page---- and go and ask! Today, I have no doubt that in this economic climate of big firms going 'arse over tit', they will be even more eager.
Digressing, I went into M&S Money in Newcastle for 1000 in Euros. I didn't want them but the is having a whoopsie with the Footsie. I came out with the loot but with 40's worth of vouchers for the Memsahib.
There's more of the same to come
Happy Days
Norm
On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 00:30:50 -0700 (PDT), ravensworth2674

Ah, but what will your wife say when she finds out you gave them to the Memsahib?? <Grin>
Regards, Tony

Tony, That'll be a Fine Howdah-Do.
In Caelum Indicum Primus? Her old man was one of us
On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 00:59:11 -0700 (PDT), ravensworth2674

    A brilliant response, Norm, you've made my day!

Hi all,
Thanks very much for all your useful suggestions and happy banter.
FYI - www.toolstation.com are currently offering free express delivery even on orders under 45 so obviously being a tight g*t I have ordered from them.
Paul.

Hi all,
Thanks very much for all your useful suggestions and happy banter.
FYI - www.toolstation.com are currently offering free express delivery even on orders under 45 so obviously being a tight g*t I have ordered from them.
Paul.

Well, I got it from an engineers' supplier in South London about 20+ years ago (and still got over half of it left). Can't remember their name at this remove, don't even know if they are still around. Sorry.
Suggest you try Yellow Pages or Google.
David
--
David Littlewood