Lock Bumping video

Have you seen this? And then look to the right and the suggested viewing, and you will see another video showing "how to" !!!

JACK

Yes I saw it. YouTube has several. One is an ad for

where they sell bumpkeys to the public, cheap. 3 dollars a key or a set of 11 for $33. They are machine made and the set is supposed to open 90% of the locks in America. At the website they have instructional videos you can click on.

Reply to
Tom

I know it is old news but it was mentioned on Fox News so now it is fresh news to those who did not know about it. There will probably be an increase in the sale of bump keys as a result and a renewed interest.

Reply to
Tom

not to the folks that have business possessing them in the first place. the locksmiths I know make their own bump-keys...

Reply to
Key

there is a funny thing.. AFAIK, IF there is a 'burglary', and there is 'no visible entry', they wont pay....LOLOLOL same applies to a stolen car, and no damage to the ign lock/related..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Insurance companies can be forced to pay. A Quick bumping, picking or other bypass demo on the lock in question in a courtroom in front of a jury (who are usually suspicious of insurance companies right off) will stick it to them good if they use the no visible entry excuse.

Reply to
Steve

The "Insurance Company" is nothing but a racket if you ask me! Locally they just went up 25% across the board (approved by the insurance commission), and the coverage dropped 99.9% Basically the only thing covered is being hit by a scientifically proven meteoroid from another galaxy after applying the million dollar deductible... Are you in good hands?

btw, our county just increased the tax rate 25-300+% in our area.

Bump video should show everybody bumping up the prices on everything as well..

Reply to
Roger Cann

thats what I would think too...

Reply to
Key

agree, here in Louisiana, they now charge every property owner in the state an added charge (all perfectly legal) for the insurance companies losses down south from the herricane.

also agree...

Reply to
Key

You have to decide: Do you want insurance at all? High risk states are in danger of having insurance companies pull out altogether. Insurance is a business. If they aren't making enough money or are losing money in certain areas they won't write policies there. State governments want to prevent that.

Reply to
DB

Louisiana has always been a high risk area (sue crazy state) for insurance companies. the insurance offered through HOG, doesn't even offer it in this state. many insurance companies have already left this state.

Reply to
Key

Bumping is definitely old news, but we have younguns everyday who didn't know about it/hadn't tried it. I am tired of hearing people upset about key bumping from a i'm so helpless point of view. It might just be time to realize a 12 dollar door lock gets you nothing but trouble. With Medeco or Assa you might be able to bypass it if you're a pro with some time. Otherwise you'll just make the potential intruder mad. At my house, someone tried to open up an ASSA lock on my back door with a screwdriver.......then they tried to kick in the back door making pretty obvious entry signs. There was no doubt to the police or insurance company that there was an attempted breakin (made the insurance co buy me a new door and lock). In this case they didn't get in, but if they did I would have known it was a burglary and known that they ran away fast once they set off the alarm, instead of pondering if it was a bump keyer, the maid, the wife. On the note of insurance companies, scum. Get paid millions and don't want to pay a dime. Then when tragedy strikes (Katrina) they are out of money and getting screwed because they paid too much to their CEOs and didn't organize funds properly. Now they pass the suffering onto the little man. And getting them to pay can sometimes cost more in legal fees than you would actually receive from them. I prefer to burn money in a coffee can on the driveway.

"'Key" snipped-for-privacy@Ya.Net wrote in message news:45cd55ee$0$24779$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

Reply to
Erik