"Locked Shop"

Sometimes I leave this discussion group shaking my head.The days of "The Locked Shop" Theory are gone (pertaining to Locksmithing)Hello... haven't some of ya heard of the internet yet.LOL. Any thing you need from tools and equipment to education can be obtained.(no problem) So many potentially good discussions and the exchange of great ideas are killed by the "Top Secrete Attitudes" here.I'd say the top secret info you think your hiding is only sought by less than a tenth of the devious people if even.These types don't have the ambition to learn and then to practice the skill required.So much is being lost here! I do understand a hometown locksmith protecting his turf but here this makes no sense.

Reply to
L05R27L82

Sounds like you really know how to use the internet to your advantage. Oh wait a minute... you're using webtv. Nevermind.

Reply to
Shibby Dibby

Meow... shibby woooo I better watch out for you...Your way too cool and extremely fast witted!!

Reply to
L05R27L82

Sorry. Not trying to be mean to you. But there is almost no need for Webtv when you can pick up a used computer system for 20 dollars or less that puts webtv's best efforts to shame. Sorry. I really didn't mean anything by it.

Reply to
Shibby Dibby

LOL

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

because lots of people are to stupid to feed the right words into google, or they just do not put enough effort in their attempts.

It can be found, at 95% or so, definetely! If not in english, then in czech, polish, a scandinavian language, german, and not to forget russian! And sometimes in italian, greek or spain...also countries with some good lock related ressources...

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

This argument/debate has been done over and over (and over again).

Have a look at the FAQ. That's what it is for.

Search the archives with google. The answers are there.

If you don't like the answers you get from this forum, tough t*ts!

ahl

Reply to
ahl

Man can I quote you? cooool "Duh... tough t*ts!"

Reply to
L05R27L82

I'm not closed minded.I' m just saying I've seen some good questions slammed down in here by real dumb quip answers.If ya don't want to or can't help why slam a new learner down.We all been there.This may be the only available path to get that hard question answered.Be a pro give that help.The question may have no devious intention. Paranoia/FEAR strikes deep.

Reply to
u144

the problem may be that HIS question IS legit, and HE IS quite LEGAL... but the other umpteen unknown number of readers here DONT NEED TO KNOW...hence the attitude of CERTAIN questions on an OPEN forum...

--Shiva-- nuk pu nuk

Reply to
--Shiva--

This begs the question: Why didn't you answer them?

If ya don't want to or

What's your social security number? Come on don't be paranoid, tell me.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Well then those people have a problem then don't they? Why hand the information to them here?

Really. I don't believe this is true. I have been wrong before though so it will be interesting to find out. To bolster your statement please point me to detailed drilling instructions for an Allied Cary Model SLH-1815-12 safe. I picked this not because it should be particularily difficult and thus fall into the 5% which your statement indicates is unobtainable, but rather because I happen to be looking right at it and it was the first thing I thought of. If you would be so kind please tell me if there is hardplate, relocks (internal and or external) and what the door thickness is and what the rating if any is also. Remember point me to the source. Looking in your books if you have them isn't enough.

Thanks.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

As long as you're not being paranoid, don't stop there. Your full name, address and mother's maiden name would make it even more interesting!

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer

Why guess? Why not simply do it if it's as easy to find this sort of information as you originally indicated? Perhaps it isn't quite as simplistic to obtain compromising information as you indicated. Note that the information I asked for was pertaining to a relatively common container. If what you originally said was true the information I requested of you should have been quite easy to find. People come to this forum all the time for drilling points and related information. Your attitude towards the whole obscurity issue seems to indicate that we should just open our books and hand them that information since they will find it easily on the net anyway. I think your response to my rather basic challenge has proven that information isn't quite as easily available as you stated.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

I'm sure you can - especially if you are willing to pay enough. The real question is not whether you can find out (I think we all agree that you *can*.) but how much of a barrier there is to finding out.

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer