Copying leaders - sometimes successful, sometimes not.

On some dwgs, when I make a spline leader with annotation, if I copy it to another dwg of similar nature (sometimes a copy of same), I can 'copy with base point' and have the leader retain the associative properties of leader and text.

HOWEVER -

Sometimes it doesn't work. Namely, in some cases, if I paste in a leader and drag the text, the spline doesn't strech to meet it like in the original.

In the cases where it didn't work, some were COPIES of the original dwg.

Any idea what settings may cause this to fail in some situations?

Reply to
StarMan