Masterkeyed metal drawer locks

Anyone know which company sells metal drawer locks that can be masterkeyed. I need about a dozen with different keys but with one master for them all. The locks on there now are the standard metal drawer lock with the T-type locking tailpiece that inserts into the lock after you insert the lock into the drawer cut out. You have to insert the cylinder into the housing last. Years ago I had some wafer locks that used different shaped wafers to masterkey them but I forgot where I got them. Any help appreciated

Reply to
Ros

masterkeyed.

You could order them MKed from the manufacturer. Or you could by a MK keying kit for whatever locks you get and do it yourself.

First way is cheaper (and easier), but will take several weeks. Second way is quicker, but more time consuming and you'd need to invest in a kit that you may never use again. (Not to mention needing a way to cut your change keys)

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML, CJS

Ros,

Both Chicago and National make wafer tumbler T bar locks that can be MK'd.

If you have any of these KD, see if the MK blank will enter the keyway. If so all you need do is insert master tumblers and you are there. (assuming of course you have the right kit.)

Reply to
Roger Shoaf