Newbie question.

Does anybody know of any lock smithing stores in the UK? I know of spytech, but their range of lock smithing products is limited. Please bear with me, I am new to this game! Thank you again for your time.

Reply to
Colin_Seymour

Who told you locksmithing was a game?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

There must be distributors serving the pros. If you're serious about this, your best bet in the long term is to invest the time and effort in getting yourself to the point where you can get them to treat you as a pro-level part-timer.

Anyone who sells to the general public is going to assume that you're either clueless or at least partially larcenous, and is going to overcharge you and/or sell you inferior goods. Generally both at once.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam

Colin,

If you know a little German, you can buy from this company,

They are very reputable.

Reply to
Matthew

I would beware of a company with an electric pick on it's homepage.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

have a look at

they will advise you whether or not you are entitled to what you want. I could give you a list of companies who supply the trade but they won't entertain someone doing it for a pastime.

Reply to
scabby dug

Zieh Fix of Germany is the equivalent of Lockmasters, Inc. in the U.S.

Reply to
Matthew

The ziehfix is the standard tool of many locksmiths and rescue units to pull a cylinder forceful in short time.

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

It is a common tool in Europe, not the U.S.

Reply to
Matthew

noted..

Reply to
"Key

I think that, after looking more carefully, that *both* the "elektro-pik" (i.e. "just one more electric pick" - an expensive one) and a cylinder puller ("ziehfix" - looks like a screw-pull, not a slide hammer) are there.

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer

The tool on the companies home page is an electric pick. It is not a force tool.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

There function is still no different than a $20 snap gun. They just cost more. Neither is any substitute for a true proficiency with manual picking.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Assuming that is true, Lockmasters is not the best company for someone just starting out. They are generally more expensive on basic tools than other suppliers. They are a good source for high quality specialized tools. Electric picks from any supplier are an over priced gimmick.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Interesting you should say this. I just opened the new lockmasters supplement flyer and there is the exact same tool. The price? 575.00. Who here thinks there is an electric pick made worth $575.00? Half that?

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Specifically what tools and supplies are you looking for anyway?

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

significantly better

manufacturer.