Off Topic but thought I'd share.

A computer Poem for those Over 40

A computer was something on TV, From a science-fiction show of note. A window was something you hated to clean, And ram was the cousin of the goat.

Meg was the name of my girlfriend, And a gig was a job for the nights, Now they all mean different things, And to me that really mega bytes.

An application was for employment, A program was a TV show. A cursor used profanity, A keyboard was a piano.

Memory was something you lost with age, A CD was a bank account. And if you had a 3.5 inch floppy, you hoped nobody found out.

Compress was what you did to garbage Not something you did to a file, And if you unziped anything in public You'd be in jail for a while.

Log on was adding wood to the fire, Hard drive was a long trip on the road. A mouse pad was where a mouse lived, And backup happened to your cammode.

Cut you did with scissors, And paste you did with glue, A web was a spider's home, And a virus was the flu.

There's still wisdom in pad and paper, And memories remaining in my head. I hear nobody's been killed in a computer crash, But when it happens they're virtually dead.

I'm outta here again.

Mike Thomas Lock & Key For an email list discussion of locksmith related marketing concepts join us:

MThomas859

Mike, do you know where this came from? I like it, but (a) if it's copyrighted it probably shouldn't have been posted without permisison (and everything is copyrighted unless it's been explicitly put into the public domain!), and (b) I'd *really* like to have it properly credited, so the author at least gets the applause they deserve.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam

I've seen it before but most recently in a publication called PrimeTimes. Oct

2003 Issue. No author cited.