Old night latch

I have an old Corbin night latch but I need a strike plate for it, I am using one from a newer lock, but, it doesn't look right since the lock is black and the strike plate is gold. I was wondering if someone here has an old black night latch strike plate they don't need that they could sell me?

Reply to
Zachary

I have never understood this... Why are people so obsessed with the APPEARANCE of their lock...

If all you are concerned with its color, then clean it really well with something like acetone, then prime it with a metal grade primer paint, then finsh off with BLACK metal paint...

As far as locks go, its not how it looks that keeps the bad guys out, it is how the thing works...

Evan the Maintenance Man

Reply to
Evan

Tell that to the missus ;)

Reply to
TF

The same reason the appearance of all the other hardware matters. It will make or break the appearance of a house.

How it looks is nevertheless important try to tell someone you are selling one to otherwise.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Or the strike black. Use epoxy paint or apliance paint. It's durable.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

plate

right

don't

It's durable.

figured that the paint on the lock may hold up better then paint on strike. but what do I know ? :-)

Reply to
Key

You're right it would.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Depends on the customer

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Reply to
Jimmy F.

God is in the details. and besides i thought locks only kept the honest people honest ;)

Reply to
Jim Gaynor