Re: Auto lockout set

I have the low tech set that I bought for about 60 bucks. It has always done fairly well. You can email me directly and I'll tell you where I bought it and for how much.

Reply to
Jack

It has always

tell you where I

why not tell about you're low tech set here ? then you can get some feedback...

Reply to
"Keyman

If you're a "commercial locksmith" I'm just curious as to why you would buy car opening tools from a mechanic's supplier.

Don't you have an account(s) with any distributors in the industry?

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Yes I have plenty of accounts. But I don't do enough auto work to justify the prices they are asking. My auto work is mainly as a courtesy to my commercial customers. I probably get upwards of 10 calls a day for auto lock outs and turn them all down. So call me frugal or cheap, but not all the items that we get from our supply houses are the best deals unless your putting them to the use that they were intended. And even then, there are items that I can get elsewhere many times cheaper that will accomplish the same job with 1/10th the cost.

Reply to
Jack

But from what I've seen, it's the snap-on guy and auto parts stores that are either WAY over priced or severely lacking for the money (which still comes out to over priced) when it comes to auto lock-out kits.

Again, just curious, but what did you get for $60? All three or the major players (Tech Train, Pro Lock, and High Tech) have basic kits starting around $60, and looking at them, they'd probably open 80% of the cars out there.

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

auto work to justify

courtesy to my

a day for auto

cheap, but not all

deals unless your

even then, there are

will accomplish the

if ya turn down 10 calls a day ? (look what you're loosing) you should be able to recoop you're investment in a quality set, with just one days profit. sounds fair enough to me.

Reply to
"Keyman

I agree completely with what your saying. But I don't have time to do auto work. Sure, I can attempt to be a one call super shop having auto people, safe people, residential people, and commercial people. By doing that, my pricing will inherently go up. I would much prefer to specialize in one area and dominate my own market. We have 3 people on staff that run wide open 5 days a week. We also have five more people as backups in case we get slammed. The reason I do it this way is because they might have time to help me out, and I might have time to help them out. But we don't step on each other's toes in business. We help each other out, and therefore make each other stronger. Hence, I don't do auto, and don't own an expensive lockout set.

Reply to
Jack

have time to do auto

having auto people,

By doing that, my

specialize in one

staff that run wide

backups in case we

might have time

But we don't step

and therefore

don't own an

its you're pocket book.. however, if your really turning down 10 calls a day ? you could buy a quality opening system, hire an opener, and still put some extra $$$'s in you're bank account. not to mention the residuals from you're satisfied....

my last 2 on this subject g'day

Reply to
"Keyman

Especially if you're willing to buy a few items, or otherwise drop a few bucks in his direction.

(This is, of course, assuming you're in an area where liability suits haven't made junkyards stop letting anyone but staff into the lot.)

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam