Re: Combination Lock Question

So the latch isn't operated by a spring. So why does my lock open no matter which way I hold it?

Reply to
LockJones

Come to think of it, the latch undoubtedly does have a return spring. And the fence probably has a spring pressing it against the wheels.

As to why you don't "hear a spring" when you open a locker -- With all that other noise, do you really _expect_ to hear a small piece sliding out of the way and then sliding back in?

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam