Briefcase Combination Lock

Hey guys,

My briefcase has two 3-digit combination locks on it. I would like to change the combination but have disposed of the instructions that once accompanied it long ago. I still remember the present combination though. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Reply to
Kip Warner

After it is open, slide the "knob" in and you should be able to change the numbers from there.

Reply to
C B George

Dial the current combination; leave it set to that combo. Slide the knob/lever/whatever to the change position. While it is set that way (you may have to hold it), dial the new combination. Slide the knob/lever/whatever back.

(Basically, what sliding the lever does is uncouple the wheels from the mechanism, letting you turn them to a new position while the mechanism stays in the unlocked position. When you slide it back, the wheels are reconnected to the lock mechanism in their new position.)

Note that you need to know the old combo in order to set the new one.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

Thank you kindly, Mr. George and Mr. Kesselman. The lock combination was changed as prescribed.

Reply to
Kip Warner