Briefcase Problem

I opened my grandfathers briefcase to get a repair kit out and I opened his briefcase by changing the settings (easy since the numbers that were out were tarnished) but then a bit later he told me he couldn't get it open, and he had always kept it unlocked (which was weird, cause it was locked for me.) Anyways, I managed to get one of the 2 locks off, which was the original combination (he didn't know the combination after using the same briefcase for 20 years @_@) But I can not figure out the other, I have put in EVERY possible combination... all 1000 of them (3 reels at 10 each), and none of them worked. I gave up and tried to pick it, but if the combination isn't right, the bar won't move at all. So then I tried to force it, but that would cause severe damage to the briefcase -_-.'''

What can I do now?

Reply to
Paradisio

Try what you thought was the combination but try a half number up and a half number down on each of the numbers of the combination. Worth a try. Other than that (if you say you've already tried all 1000 possible combinations) pop it open with a screwdriver (it's apparently broken anyway) and take it to a luggage repair place and have the lock replaced.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML