Sight reading keys

Did another one today. I got a lockout to a 91 Chevy Pickup. Silverado. The book said super tight door, and hard to get the tool in and out.

Lucky me, the round key was hanging on the guy's ring. I'm out of practice, took me three tries to get the code. But I did get paid, and that made it all worthwhile.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Pickup. Silverado. The

and out.

don't believe everything you read. its really an easy opening.

Reply to
Key

agree.. a HARD one is having to jack the door open, and you are forcing bare glass.. past that.. a good book, and practice. AND sometimes FWIW, its better to 'guess' deep on a chevy, and wiggle.. if one makes the key by sight

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Less than 15 seconds.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

What book said that?

Reply to
goma865

You could read the serial number off the key? Nice work.

I have, on one occasion, managed to force a window open on a pickup truck. The guy had locked his keys in, and was still trying to get in half an hour later when I came by a second time.

The driver, his swamper, and I laid our hands flat on the window, and pulled down until it was open a crack. We jammed in our fingertips, and kept pulling until we could get at a door lock.

Notes: These guys had enormous hands, very big, very strong. I have no idea what we did to the internal window-cranking mechanism. I have no idea how close we came to having handfuls of broken glass. I have no idea whether this would ever work again, and I don't really want to find out.

Reply to
BobMac

Tech Train.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

OK, maybe next time I try the tool. Last time I tried to get a new GM truck, I fished around a while and couldn't find the linkage. Finally pulled out a pick and picked the cylinder.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You could read the serial number off the key? Nice work. SM: No, I could see the shape of the key, and determine the depths of the key. Had to try all four blanks to figure out which keyway.

I have, on one occasion, managed to force a window open on a pickup truck. The guy had locked his keys in, and was still trying to get in half an hour later when I came by a second time.

The driver, his swamper, and I laid our hands flat on the window, and pulled down until it was open a crack. We jammed in our fingertips, and kept pulling until we could get at a door lock.

Notes: These guys had enormous hands, very big, very strong. I have no idea what we did to the internal window-cranking mechanism. I have no idea how close we came to having handfuls of broken glass. I have no idea whether this would ever work again, and I don't really want to find out. SM: I did that kind of thing one time on a car the police had jammed. They totally jammed shut both front doors. I was able to slide a back window down enough to get a tool in. Real messs.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Actually, more like five minutes. But that was a good guess. Thank you for guessing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon