Re: Marine locks

Well, on a high security application, I would use wlok padlocks. The

316 series stainless that they use should be highly resistant to saltwater.

The cheapest lock's that do well in corrosive enviroments are probably the warded master locks...with a heavy greasing with a water resistant grease (aluminum bearing), they do pretty well. I would certainly reccomen that route over a cheap import pin tumbler lock in bad conditions. Not very secure, but ok in some applications.

bob555