Re: street sweeper bristles

=--- follow a street sweeper for a few blocks. worked for me !

no flame intended

Reply to
"Keyman

Many people have never seen a street sweeper. They don't use them in a lot of places.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

If you can't follow one around - just go to most any hobbyist shop or supply house and buy some pieces of "spring steel" in the size(s) you want. (Edmund Scientific used to sell these, as did the local hobby shop.)

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer

It seems I always see them at the wrong time.I do check in front of the house after they go by-No luck yet. Ralph

Reply to
Ralph Greenwood

Be serious. If you're gonna buy, you can get suitably-shaped metal stock off-the-shelf. The only advantage of the bristles is that they're free.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam

Climb down into a kerbside storm water drain, and wait there till a street sweeper goes by. Reach up from below with a pair of pliers and pluck one out as it trundles by. Don't attempt to do this when storms are predicted, and be on the lookout for lit cigarette butts, rubbish, and cats falling in on top of you. This exercise is strictly for the EXTREME locksmith hobbyist. :-)

Reply to
Steve Paris

Wimp! Why, back when I was a locksmith wannabe I had to suck dust while waiting in the storm drain since the streets weren't even paved!

Reply to
S. Berg

Hah! You youngsters have it easy!

In my day we didn't even _have_ stormwater drains.

If you wanted to collect bristles you had to dig a coffin-sized hole in the road, lie in it, and wait for the street cleaner to run over you.

Reply to
KewlKiwi

You mean you had ROADS? Wow. When I was a kid, the sweeper had to smooth out the dirt on the prarie. The bristles needed to be sorted from the foxtail weeds. <g>

Mike

Reply to
MThomas859

Reply to
Billy B. Edwards Jr.

You got BOOTS? I have to use shower shoes and duct tape. I wish I was rich. <g>

(Might want to hike your pant cuffs up a notch or two too. This could get ugly. ;-)

Reply to
MThomas859