Sparks brand Import Blanks Duplication

I am seeing lots of IMPORTED (China) "Sparks" branded keys. They resemble a KW1 in the head but the bow is similar to a Y1.

However the USA made Y1 is not "slim" enough to enter the keyway. Anyone have any tips for duplication this one.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Harger

mark

Reply to
Mark Harger

Reply to
mark

Bow: Handle. What the customer holds while operating the lock.

Now, as for a skinny Y-1, I can't help you there. Remember the skinny EA-27 that came out for garage door cylinders about twenty years ago? Finally someone came out with a LO-1 blank.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

BOW =Handle I must have had a brain fart. Thanks for correcting me.

Yes we use the LO1 s and 1527s for Clopay (sort of looks like the SC1s all the time. ) The Sparks lockset is a really cheap import. Sometimes some Y1s will work but others will not even enter the keyway. Just proves how lousy the locksets are.

Thanks for your comments,

Mark

Reply to
Mark Harger