Master Combination Padlock Question

What is the Master Combination Padlock V Series?

On a V series padlock, is there a V attached to the serial number on the back of the padlock, for instance 61000V or just the serial number, 61000?

How many series are there?

Thanks

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

Trying to guess a password, are we?

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

What are you referring to?

If you don't have anything positive or productive to post with regard to my post, please don't reply.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

with regard

he was being (positive and productive). tell us what private site your trying to hack.

Reply to
Key

LOL the secret squirrels should love this post. The serial would be 61000V. The combo is 34 8 14 R L R. What is it? It's another combo lock made virtually useless by the fact that the combo corresponds to a code that despite the best efforts of secret squirrels everywhere anyone can get, even though said secret squirrels for some nutty reason think this information is some kind of a f****ng secret.

Reply to
somesmartass

If he is he has it now.

Reply to
somesmartass

No he was being a paranoid nutball secret squirrel, something I KNOW you identify with. Too late though I already gave him what he was looking for.

PS. How's the trailer?

Reply to
somesmartass

Lighten up guys. Re-Read his post. He isn't asking for a combo. Just a simple technical question that is not a security risk. I am one for not giving out compromising info, but this is not that type of question.

Here is a partial answer. The locks that had the V in the serial number were the type that had a key overide. Mostly used in schools. As for the actual number of different key series used I have not taken the time to count them, but there are many different ones.

Dennis

Reply to
Keypro

Tooooo many to list here. Go to Master's page on the net.

Newnsie

Reply to
UPUHRS5437

Dennis,

Thanks for the info.

Does anybody have a Master combination padlock with a key overide they want to sell?

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

I used to have a couple, but don't have the keys. Can't imagine why you'd want one, though.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Umm... Why would you want to buy these locks without the matching override keys ???

To answer your original question about the serial numbers on the back of the padlocks, the serial number usually appears above the number with the V next to it example:

350484 V 68

with V 68 being the override key number...

I have personally seen these key override combo locks with at least two different keyways... The standard M3 keyway (ilco #1092VR), and also in M17 (ilco #1092C with the extra length at the tip shaved down), both cylinders being four pins... I am not sure how many other keyways Master uses for the key override application cylinders...

As to how many different override keys there are I don't think that anyone can answer that for certain unless they are employed by Master Lock Company...

I have seen code books that list lots of Master bitting codes but the V series (combo padlock key override) and the F series (locker built-in combo locks) codes are not available because of the sensitive nature of the application...

Evan, ~~formerly a maintenance man, now a college student

Reply to
Evan

Guinea pig?

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Does anybody know what the serial number range is for the Master combination padlock V series? From what to what?

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

Master

60001V - 99999V
Reply to
Key

Thanks for the info.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

your welcome..

Reply to
Key

When I was a teenager, I ripped one apart to try to make a key to it. My skills weren't as fine back then.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

LOL yeah it takes phenominal skill to force open a door and break the jam.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere