Combination vs. Serial Numbers

Hello, all. Other than looking something up in a list or database, I've often wondered whether a formula/algorithm exists for calculating the three-number combination of a consumer-grade combination padlock from its serial number. Since about the only U.S. purveyor of such products (not counting off-brand Chinese imports) these days is Master Lock/American, I should ask the question first about this maker. But I'm also interested in defunct U.S. padlock makers such as Yale & Towne, Corbin, National and Slaymaker. I'm not interested in obtaining any formulas, just wanted to know if they exist. Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,

John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@itd.nrl.navy.mil Naval Research Laboratory

4555 Overlook Avenue, SW Washington, DC 20375-5337
Reply to
J. B. Wood

no.. not unless you're talking about school-locker lock..

Reply to
Key

Not that I know of. There are code compilatations that will reference combos for some locks to their serial numbers but it is not based on a mathematical formula.

Reply to
Steve