Master Combination Padlock question

Hello,

I have an old master combination lock (930761). I believe the last number of the combination is 37. I've been unable to open it, possibly because it has been outside for some time.

Could someone confirm whether or not I'm correct on my last number, or possibly give me a hint?

Thanks very much, MM

Reply to
MR. Mom

OK here is a hint. If you are dialing in the combination correctly, then it should work if the dial turns and you can wiggle the shackle. If the dial is stiff or the shackle doesn't wiggle try some light lube like WD40 or some Liquid Wrench. This should do the trick, if not toss it and get a new one, it is not worth a whole lot of time to futz with a lock you can get for less than $10 all over town.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Oh no - here we go again! If you can be given the combos via the internet that easily, what is the point of using these combination padlocks. Perhaps Master could do everyone a service and not number the padlocks made for normal retail sale of if people find the numbers useful then 'Bates' number them without keeping a list of numbers to combinations.

Reply to
Peter

Hint: Disposable.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

SO disposable its not even worth the time needed to go CHECK if the code IS available.. $4 at the local cheap store for Master locks.. and LESS.

I was offered a hundred new in box, retail was $17 suggested.. and was available to buy them for $10.. and I DECLINED, just due to the fact that mass sellers were selling for under 10.. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

That number looks a little short. Are you sure 930761 is the number? Take another look.

Reply to
Skip

I don't provide codes online for the obvious reason. No way to know if it's your lock or not.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

no, 37 is not good. also (930761) is not a master pad-lock number..

Reply to
"Key

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-#spamblock*-@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:imIbf.139290$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

you couldn't provide that one if ya wanted to :-)

Reply to
"Key

I know the code!!! BFH ("Big Frikkin' Hammer)-LMFAO

goma.

Reply to
goma865

Thank you.

MM

Reply to
MR. Mom

I dunno.. I've got one here that I've had for 25-30 years, with a number of 900615 (and no, I'm not asking for the combo :-)

Reply to
Bob Vaughan

That one appears to have a valid number with a combo return.

Reply to
Skip

but the series doesn't include 930761. least not in genericode.....

Reply to
"Key