Master Lock Patent Implentation

Hello, all. On 2/16/71 a U.S. patent (#3563067) was awarded to Master Lock Company that describes what is ostensibly the design of the current #1500 combination padlock. The patent discusses a mechanism for automatically turning the dial away from the last dialed number when the shackle is pulled open. My experience indicates this feature is not present in currently-available #1500 locks nor those that I purchased new back in the early '80s. Turning the dial away seems like a good idea but was it ever available in a Master Lock (or anyone else's) product(s)? Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,

Reply to
J.B. Wood