Master 5401 key storage lock

Hi, All !

I run a rental management business and I use many Master model 5401 wall-mounted key storage locks (like this:

?product_number=5401&numbersearch.x=14&numbersearch.y=10&sub_cat_id=D5401&template=app ). Lately, I faced an epidemy of lost combinations, and I had to replace 3 of those boxes (receipe: pry off using a medium- size crow bar, hoping that the entire wall won't snatch off the house in the process).

At $40 a piece, they're worth some effort saving, don't you think? MasterLock co say they can't do nothing for customer-set combinations, and my local locksmith found nothing better than to suggest I try all

10,000 combinations...

Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Sub-question: does anyone know of combination key storage locks that have a physical override key?

TIA.

Pierre.

Reply to
Pi-R

It can probably be decoded just like a sesamee or briefcase lock.

Reply to
DB