Find a combination on Master Lock

Hi and good day! I've been reserching on finding a combination for my 8 years old Master Lock combination lock since I haven't used it for a long time and have forgetten the combination so I reserached and checked several sites but some can be confusing so what I observed when I turn the dial, I lightly pull the shackle and I can feel there is 12 'pits' that is when I get 'snag' and rides over until the shackle go up futher until the dial no longer turns and I let go lightly on the shackle, I can 'feel' the cliff and it rides again on next 'bump' until it repeats with 12 'pits' and I also noted there is two 'tallest bumps' which is higher than the rest of them. Do you have any clue on how to find the last number of combination and any tricks that I can find the two others either by sequencing or using feel of dial and bumps/pits?

Thank very much!

Reply to
Stephen Wenzler

Use google to search for "how do master combinatoin locks work". One of the first 5 links will send you right to a 'howto'.

You'll still have to run thorugh about 50 combinations, but that's better than the full range.

Daniel.

Reply to
dbs__usenet

It's also in the alt.locksmithing FAQ and at

Glen Cooper

google group search key words "master combination lock"

g'day

Reply to
"Key

Hey folks,

Slightly off topic, but thought I'd make a suggestion;

The tinyurl thing is great. It's easier to type BUT...

When I google for information the tiny url link may no longer be active even though the site it points to is still there. There's also no way to see where it points until you click the link. Sometimes the URL points to an interesting site that i'd not visit otherwise.

My suggestion is that we include the original URL along with the tiny URL so that readers can decide if they want to follow the link.

Thanks,

Daniel

Reply to
dbs__usenet

news: snipped-for-privacy@news.teranews.com...

longer be active

also no way to

the URL points

with the tiny

link.

as you already know. the whole purpose of the tiny URL is to post a clickable URL so folks won't have to do multiple cut and paste. just bring up the site then save the real link if interested ? works for me.. however, I'm game if its the wishes of the majority ?

Reply to
"Key

That's a valid idea.

It won't work for anybody after a long enough time - since the tiny URL will stop working if the company goes away or if the tiny URL expires. (Yes, tinyurl.com says that their tiny URL's will "never expire" but there are other companies which don't have that policy.)

It really doesn't hurt to have the full URL there, in addition to the tiny URL.

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer

Contact your local locksmith. If they are computerized, they will probably have the combination. I charge $2.00 to provide this service to my customers.

Jerry

Jerry

-snip the rest of the usual master lock stuff-

In the time it took you to post this you coauld have Googled and probably found the answer.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Is this a hypothetical or have you already had it happen? Obviously though tinyurl is not going to be as reliable with regard to archiving as google so your point is a good one either way.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

He does probably have a good point with the long term archiving of the information in question. I don't personally know how long tinyurl and the others like it archive for but it's probably a good bet Google archives will still exist when the fore mentioned are long gone.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

It's a loss leader. I have been known to give it away for free when I knew or had reason to believe it would garner more business. Of course I would never pay extra for just the combo by serial lookup capability either.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Sure they will but they won't look at it as you doing them any favors. You give them something like that for 1 2 or free, whatever they will very likely come back when they need something that will actually cost. The locks can be had retail between 3 and $4.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

One guy asked me about the serial number on back of my Master Lock combination lock so here is my serial number: 903764 also I told earlier that there is two 'tall' bumps and in between, I can feel 'ramp' starting off from 18 and if I continues to pull harder on the shackle, it would make the dial go toward 17 so all the sites that I can find though Google says 'sticky' places -- does they means the ones that the dial won't turn at all just stopping in a very narrow range and letting go of the shackle the dial can freely turn and pull it again and it'll 'rides' on the bump and finally stuck in between two bumps? Some sites are not very clear to me others are OK :)

Reply to
Stephen Wenzler

903764 is a good number. the number #10 is the first number of your 3 digit code. that should get you started.

g'day

Reply to
"Key