Treskat

Congratulations on your enterprise. I might suggest however that the FB machine is a poor platform to launch your project from. Probably better to mount a bearing platform in front of the X/Y table and relegate the FB machine to the scrap heap.
Reply to
Roger Shoaf
Well, I got the Treskat demo to download. It turns out his web stie is set up so that it only works with Microsoft Internet Explorer, and I use Netscape. Poor programming practice, but not unheard of. The US Post office site doesn't like Netscape either.
I won't comment on features, or support, but I ran a few codes through the demo, and although it seems OK on recent codes, it's missing a lot of older import codes. Don't know if it's because it's a demo or not, but it doesn't say anything about reduced codes on the site that I can see.
Abs> Not looking for the usual flames about Ray or his copy protection or his
Reply to
George Richardson
OK, as requested before, does someone know about this blackhawk deal? I'm really interested in it. But I can't seen to find out anything about it. Please help
Reply to
Jack
^^^^^^^
You seem to be admitting that some people who read and follow the instructions will not be able to make this software work - and then they will be treated as fools and knaves.
That seems to be a rather faint recommendation for this product.
Henry E Schaffer
Most of the Treskat complaints are about customer service issues usually regarding tech problems. Bradley seems to be quite alot more technically proficient than the average or casual computer user. Ray's software including it's often mentioned and apparantly problematic key may not keep him guessing long with or without any help from Ray.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere
Many good points. A good option for him might be to find someone who is currently having problems with Treskat and is fed up with Ray and see if he can solve their problems for them by phone, in person, or via PC Anywhere or similar software. Such a person could likely be located here or on another locksmithing forum. If he can handle their technical problems he can probably handle any that the Treskat software throws at him.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere
No offense or flame intended but you could have Googled and typed in Blackhawk locksmith and gotten the info in about 10 seconds.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere
At one time the demo was downloadable. I thought better of executing code obtained from that site though and never used it so I don't know if it works.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere
"RipVanWinkle" snipped-for-privacy@NoSpam.com wrote crap in message ---snip the crap---
yea right !!! you kin to ray or something ?
Reply to
"Key
Ok --
Here goes. I weighed all your opinions, and those of others on other locksmithing forums. I emailed back and forth with Ray, and I have to say in email at least, he seems like an ok guy, perhaps he is just not good on the phone, or maybe I got him on a few good days.
I also called my phone company and a competitor and it seems that once the new law kicks in in November I can get WAP without losing my phone number, though I am contracted to my phone company until July. With this in mind Black hawk is looking much better. If I can acesss it on the road with my phone, and worst case scenario call home to have someone there do a lookup I would be covered. Granted I don't get accesss to reverse lookups or fills that way, (I wouldn't get them with TreSkat anyway without buying them) I basically have the same thing at the cost of the upgrades alone. Just not self contained on the laptop.
However! during the course of this, someone offered to sell me a used copy of TreSkat, and someone else out right "GAVE" me a copy of CodeSource 2.7.something that he has replaced with something else, and another person may well be giving me a copy of instacode in a similar situation.
This should give me what I need to get going! I will probably wait until after I buy a new code machine to get the next software. At which point I will ask "What is the ultimate best money-is-no-object code software..."
Interesting observation, McConald Dash sells the HPC 1200 blitz with CodeSource for $1546 but I have never seen the Framon2 bundled with Genericode anywhere though it also seems to have a street price of about $15xx as well... Up to seeing this, I was kind of convinced that the Framon2 was the way to go, but I am way open to any reasons why I would want an HPC instead...
-- Absinthe
Reply to
Absinthe
Physician Heal Thyself (Answer your own questions!)
Ok once again I have partially answered my own question! I spoke with Mike at Framon and low and behold they will also be bundling their software after Oct 1 with the Framon2!!!
I like the Framon2 because it is like a grown up FB200!
So I am still looking for any other reason why one or the other sucks or is better/worse worse or whatever.
-- Absinthe
Reply to
Absinthe
I have had a framon since about 1980. If you can get a code program bundled, my recommendation would be to buy it and never look back.....
Leon Rowell
Abs> Physician Heal Thyself (Answer your own questions!)
Reply to
Leon Rowell
Not so, I have it running on two WinXP boxes with no problems except for the shitty Customer Service. The man should NOT be answering his own phones.
Unk
Reply to
Unk
One word, .... ITL 950, (maybe 2 words). Anything else is pre-historic, ... :-) Have you checked them out ? Fastest most reliable, toughest, most accurate, easy to use code machine I have ever used. I'd like to buy a nice shiny new one for the van, but I just can't kill 'old blackie'. What an orgasmic machine they are.
Reply to
Steve Paris
Ok, my personal opinion here. If your using a software package ie codesource, that is set up for a certain machine, then why not use the machine that goes with it. The reverse is also true. If your using a machine, then why not use the software that supports it. I chose the HPC1200. Just bought it recently. After using the 1200 for the last 5 years and never missing a beat with it I have become convinced. But before I made my decision, I also asked around. I know 3 different smiths who have each been in the business over 25 years each. All of them have a framon, and all of them except one have a 1200. They basically put each machine in line with the other as far as performance. But each of them say that the 1200 is easier to change for a different key than the framon. The one smith that didn't still have a 1200, told me that he wished he had never gotten rid of his.
Hence, my decision was made. I can tell you this also, codesource and the 1200 are fantastic. If codesource calls for a card that I don't have, then I just tell the software to print the new card, and I start cutting immediately.
Jack Allied Lock & Security Atlanta, GA
Reply to
Jack
blackhawk deal?