Wrinklies

Firstly, let me say I really like old folks, in fact I plan on becoming one fairly soon myself. I have the contract for a state government dept to do the locksmithing work for the elderly folks on their 'home maintenance program. Most of the oldies are great to deal with, and enjoy a good 'chin wag' and a joke, but some are a real pains in the butt. Nothing is ever done right by ANY tradesman that comes to do work on their house, and they continually whinge and bitch about everything in general. I've had a run of the latter lately. It's always the same sort of complaint, "that lock you put on yesterday won't work, the key won't go in" so go all the way back to find they are trying to open their security screen door with their car keys, or it's "My door won't shut since you put that new deadbolt on last week, you've done something to my door", (locking the deadbolt while the door is OPEN, then trying to shut the door). Had a beauty yesterday, cranky old biddy phones and says that the lock I put on a few months ago, has not worked from day one, and she wants a refund. I drive 30klms back out to her house to sort out the problem, only to find that a green tree frog had crawled into the striker hole and died, damn thing had gone as hard as a lump of wood, so the latch wouldn't engage. I mean 'really', ........ how do I cope and stay soooo young ?

Reply to
Steve Paris

Thanks for the laugh. :-)

Reply to
Glen Cooper

plan on becoming

locksmithing work

Most of the oldies

joke, but some are

ANY tradesman that

whinge and bitch about

same sort of

key won't go in"

their security screen

since you put that new

(locking the

door).

same here...

that the lock I

she wants a

the problem, only

striker hole and died,

latch wouldn't engage.

young ?

I just don't know how the hell ya cope with it Steve. having to deal with geezers, fleas and now green tree frogs :-)

g'day

---- "Key"

Reply to
"Keyman

Yep ! and I spend as much time as I possibly can with the 'nice' folkes, which is 97% of them, but there are some really nasty old buggers out there, as I'm sure you would be aware of, that get their jollies by acting like Mr Scrooge, in general. But life would be pretty bland without these cranky old coots. :-)

Reply to
Steve Paris

plumber (now

was the blue

flush. Imagine

sink that she

stopped

elderly.

most

know what ya mean. a good many of them will NOT let you leave till ya had some type refreshment or food.

Reply to
"Keyman

Back when I was an apprentice one of the first calls I booked was for a little old lady that wanted to get her locks re-keyed because someone was coming in and tampering with her electric appliances.

My favorite little old lady was Cleo. She was just shy of 5 feet and about

90 lbs. The first time I met her she was locked out of her house. I picked open the door between the Garage and the house and came face to face with her dog Sandy. While I was picking open the door sandy was waiting patiently behind the door without so much as a woof or growl. The dog should have been a 90 lb. Golden retriever but ol' Sandy was a double wide dog. He must of weighed in around 150 or better.

On Cleo's next lockout, I was ready for the giant dog and I commented to Cleo "Gosh Sandy sure doesn't miss many meals." as I was trying unsuccessfully to feel a bit of rib or spine. Cleo said "Oh the Vet is always on me about that too. Sandy's problem is he likes ice cream too much".

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

the elderly.

memory -- the

is often a

and forgotten, or

Understanding that may or

booked was for a

because someone was

5 feet and about

her house. I picked

face to face with

was waiting

growl. The dog

was a double wide

I commented to

trying

"Oh the Vet is

ice cream too

in the solvent.

I had an old lady once that smelled body order in her house and thought someone was coming in at night. the lady had the stint of numerous cats that were all over the place :-)

g'day all

Reply to
"Keyman