Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

polylactide
hi i am facing difficulty in synthasising PLA by ROP. i am getting very lettle amount of lactide from lactic acid

Diamonds in the Spring of 2006?
Spring 2006 is about to be over, Uncle Al! Any news on your diamond synthesis experiments you would like to share...?! KAC _____________________________________________ From: Thomas Johnson - view...

thin al alloy
I am desperately searching for some Al alloy sheet of thickness 0.2-0.5mm. I cannot find any suppliers that do them this thin. Potential alloys are 5182, 5005, 5754, 6111, 2024. any advice?
1
1

C75 corrosion
Hi everybody, I need a suggestion, how is the resistance of C75 quenched steel (C 0,70=F70,80 % Mn 0,60=F70,80 % Si 0,15=F70,40 % P 0,035 % max S 0,035 ) to corrosion. How many hours it can stay in...

Looking for grainless plastic sheet
I'm looking for thin (ideally .010 or even thinner) plastic sheeting that's semi opaque/translucent - sort of like "milk jug" color, or maybe tending toward white - but with very little or ideally NO...
14
14

the latin word for knowledge is science
So would a scientist be essentially a knowledgist per the meaning of the word science? Is there such a word as knowledgist? What qualifications does knowledge require to attain the political concept...

Au nanoparticles
I am interested in characterizing Au nanoparticles dispersed on flat surface. When using diffraction technique, e.g. X-ray or electron, I realize that Au nanoparticles are often conjugated but not...

Plastic Material that will not Fluoresce at a wave length of 500 nanometers
I have an application where our part requires no fluorescence at 480-530 nanmoeters under an array of LED lights. We currently use a styrene co-polymer that has worked in the past, but recently has...

Looking for "Thermal Comparator" info
I may need to measure the thermal conductivity of a thin film. From the searches I have done so far, it is clear that something called a "thermal comparator" is routinely used to make these...
1
1

casting process of single crystal nickel base superalloy
Where can I found more information about the casting process of single crystal nickel base superalloy for turbine blades (jet-engine)? I found only this website: there any other website and/or book?...

Quality control at the nanoscale.
This article discusses new research doubting nanotubes could provide sufficient strength for a space elevator: Nanotubes Might Not Have the Right Stuff. By Bill Christensen posted: 02 June 2006 this...

Carbon-Carbon For Solar Engines
Has anyone done anything with carbon carbon for closed cycle engines? With solar you can have 3000 degree inlet temperatures. Bret Cahill

Stainless steel magnetic?
Hi all, I've an issue on stainless steel. I've got some product, that my supplier claims is stainless steel. However, a magnet sticks strongly to it: the material obviously is magnetic. So that...
15
15

Need formulas for longitudinal tensile/compressive strength
Hi all, Does anyone know the formulas for calculating the fiber direction tensile strength (Xt), and fiber directrion compressive strength (Xc)? The stress and strain of the fiber and matrix are NOT...

superplastic forming - sheet al alloy
Any ideas on what temps and pressures I should use to do this ? approximately help is much apreciated! anjali