Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

"Closed" Cycle Internal Reaction Engines
Instead of using an equilibrium reaction like 3H2 + N2 2 NH3 to heat a boiler maybe there are fast reacting chemicals you could feed to the intake of what would otherwise be an internal combustion...
45
45

Single Crystal Ni electropolishing
I am hoping there is someone that can help me with my Ni EP problem. I am doing some research and being held up by poor Ni surface finishes. We have tried solutions of phosphoric + sulfuric, sulfuric,...
2
2

washing out Oxides
I need to clean a sample of Steel tested at 700=B0C at for 6-7 days and in turn formed a layer of oxides around it. How can I remove this oxide layer? kindly advice, BG

304 stainless and 5% H2S04.
Hi, I am building a "water welder" (electrolyzes water and burns the resulting H2 and O2) and was wondering about the chemical compatibility of 5% H2SO4 and 304 stainless steel from room temp to 80C...
3
3

EC-funded Research Visits: Application Deadline 31/08/2006
--------------------------------------------------- Next HPC-EUROPA deadline for applications: 31 August 2006 ---------------------------------------------------- Are you a scientist of postgraduate...

Thistle seed to solve Global Warming
I am favoring thistle seed over that of Cottonwood seed as the reflectant placed in the atmosphere by airplanes in the apogee of their flightpath. Thistle because it is easy to grow and harvest and is...
10
10

Galvavic corrosion What is the chemical compound of Aluminum/Stainless steel corrosion?
What is the chemical compound of Aluminum/Stainless steel corrosion? Ph?
1
1

high conductivity fluid.
I am looking for a non-toxic, non-inflammable low cost (disposable) fluid, with a thermal conductivity as good as, or better than water - I can't find much else but olive oil (0.2 w/mK) as opposed to...

UV optical fiber
Hi! I am looking for an optical fiber operating in the UV-VIS spectral range, in particular from 190nm. Is there someone who know a farm that procuces this item? Thanks a lot, -nk.

SILICA AND QUARTZ
Can anyone answer the following? How many types of silica? What are the mining methods What are the purification methods What is the purity of silica derived thru purification What are the machineries...

Cathodic reaction hydrogen evolution on RDE
Can you tell me if changes in electrode rotation rate have any influence on cathodic reaction - evolution of hydrogen? Is it possible that with increasing the rotation rate of disc electrode cathodic...
1
1

Anti copy coating
Has anyone developed a coating for paper which will make it impossible to copy using xerography? I have in mind some sort of florescent coating which would make the copy either all white or all black....
9
9

Single Crystal Copper
Hello all. Please visit our web site Our company produce Single Crystal Copper in Ingot with 99.9991%-99.999% purity Veronika http://www.polikor.ru

Where can I find a mirror with silvering on one side?
Before you call me a dimwit, yes I realize mirrors are silvered on one side. Bear with me. Just made a discovery about a reflector gizmo I have for doing film > video transfer. The mirror isn't like a...
11
11

wear testing
can anybody provide me guidance in wear testing for analysis of wear mechanisms in steel??? will Pin on disc method work for non mettalic interfaces? kindly reply BG
1
1