Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

shape memory composite help
July 7,2003 Subject: Request for a PhD Project Dear Prof. I am working on my PhD in Khajeh Nasir University of Tehran. I have a Bachelor degree in Mechanics of Solids (1992) and a Master degree in...
1
1

Metals in cooking appliances
Hello, I'm looking for examples of metals used to construct cooking appliances: 1. What kind of metal is used to design the outer shell of industrial cooking appliances? It is some sort of sheet-like...
3
3

Urethane outgassing
I am encapsulating LED circuitry in a PVC tube using a two-part, optically clear urethane adhesive. I am having a problem with the urethane outgassing during curing and bubbles permanently forming....
4
4

TV show "1900 House" in England; bathing & hot water
I was turning channels and happened to catch this program in the middle where they were trying to live a 1900 style life and having problems with the woodstove or coal stove getting enough hot water...

glass manufacturing - terminology survey
I am working on my thesis on the terminology of glass manufacturing, languages concerned being German, English and French. I am facing some problems because glass manufacturing is such an ancient...
3
3

tetracalcium phosphate
Could anyone tell me something about tetracalcium phosphate ? Does it play an important role in calcium phosphate cement ? Thanks a lot .TMT

Re: Thermoformable or injection moulding for high T resistant polymer ?
You may use PEEK (Tg=143°C) or PPS (lower heat resistance)!! PEEK is higly resistant to chemicals and erosion but it's quiet expensive "Glass" a écrit dans le message de news: bf5li4$8dk$

commercial source for ITO coated glass
Hi, We need some ITO coated glass substrates with high visible-light transmission. Does anyone know a commercial source for ITO coated glass substrate (we prefer small size such as 1" by 1")? Thanks!
1
1

Selective etch for InGaAs/InGaAsP
Anyone know of an etch for InGaAs and InGaAsP that stops on InP, and gives a non-re-entrant profile for a circular mesa? Thanks, Tansen.

Re: How tough is wood?
Try this link http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/FPLGTR/fplgtr113/fplgtr113.htm

equivalent Young's modulus
Hello, Maybe someone could help me to calculate the equivalent Young's modulus of a non-rigid material with very hard inclusions in it ? Thanks, Claire. : Bonjour, : : quelqu'un saurait-il calculer le...
1
1

Materials polarity modification
Does anyone knows if there is a group of materials that change their polarity with an external energy field such as: laser, electronbeam, etc'. it's very important to change the polrity withut any...
3
3

materials polar/nonpolar transformation
Does anyone knows if there is a group of materials that change their polarity with an external energy field such as: laser, electronbeam, etc'. it's very important to change the polrity withut any...

Continuous production of structured composite panels
Hallo! I am trying to find a way to continuously or at least "semi-continuously" produce really large composite panels (glass fiber/epoxy). The problem is that these panels are not just profiles, but...
2
2

Re: Strange alloy ...
news:... At a guess, from a metal scrap ( sometimes ) trader, I would suggest that what you have there is 85 % Ti, 15 % Al. That can be the way that alloy pieces are marked . I was asked recently by...