adhesive for rubber

hi

what type of glue do i need to stick

Neoprene rubber to plasticised PVC

Neoprene rubber to polystyrene

thanks in advance :)

Reply to
jon_jon_phenomenon

Do you want a peel-off? Spray-on? Spread-on? You want to do ONE bond, or do you have a high-volume manufacturing application in mind? Do you want something that you can get from Home Depot in small quantities or do you want something that you might have to order from 3M or Loctite in production quantities? What kind of environment (temperatures, UV exposure, chemicals) will these parts and glues be subjected to? Do you want to create a repairable assembly (strippable bond)?

All depends on your purpose, you see . . .

Email me (see my Web site for email) and I can send you a couple of Adobe Acrobat files covering 3M liquid adhesives and pressure-sensitive acrylics. Go to Loctite's site for other information.

Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton Watermark Design, LLC

Sporkman

oic , sorry for being vague

Neoprene rubber to plasticised PVC (about 1m square surface area) also a low surface area for a different bit

Neoprene rubber to polystyrene (200mm square surface area)

spread-on several single bonds, its just for a university project the adhesion would be on the inner surface of a sealed PVC bag, that is to be placed at the bottom of a swimming pool. so it would be good if the glue was waterproof and doesnt react with chemicals in the water, in case of puncture. repairable assembly not needed.

thanks will email u soon

jon

Reply to
jon_jon_phenomenon