Advancements In Paints

Newer coatings tend to be more flexible and less likely to peal or break off.
How was this done?
Bret Cahill

Bret Cahill wrote:

I don't _know_ the answer, but I would guess it's due to increasing use of silicones in paint formulation.
10 years ago, I was surprised to learn the breadth of applications for silicones. I can only assume it's increased since then.