CVD thick teflon

Hello, I am looking for a process to deposit a thick (50m and more) conformal coating of teflon (or any other high temp polymer) on a
polyimide substrate. The process should not raise the temperature of the substrate above 100C. CVD and PECVD is used for low-k teflon on wafers but these guys work on thin films (below the m). Any sources...??
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You dissolve Teflon powder in Fluorinert, coat, then bake off the Fluorinert. Several of the attempts to make substrates for moving droplets around (for microchemistry) have used this approach to make a hydrophobic surface.
There are several different Fluorinerts. You'll probably need the lightest one to stay below 100C.
Mark Thorson a crit :

I thought of that (did not tried though) but would the coating be non- porous. I guess I still will have some kind of powder dispertion? Porosity/pinhole would kill the dielectric strength. Can you confirm/ deny? Thanks anyway
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

The key for me is dielectic strength. I need to hold several kV. Up to 15kV if possible. Thanks for your help.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I don't see why it would be porous. If it is, you can always apply another coat, if the solution is at saturation.
It won't have powder in it. The powder will dissolve. You can filter out any undissolved powder.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Can the very near surface get hotter than 100C? Some PTFE and ETFE coatings can be flame sprayed, but I do not know if a flame spray will give you the type of coating that you need.
The very surface of your substrate will get hotter than 100 C, but the vast majority will be much cooler. I've applied Al2O3 to a styrofoam cup using a plasma gun and the cup held up - it doesn't get much rougher than that ;-)
Gregg