denier nylons and their strength...

Pardon my ignorance on this matter. I was hoping I could get some explanation of the different strengths and durability of the ballistic
nylons...I have been told that 1680 is much stronger and more durable that 1050. Could anyone verify this?
Thanks for your time, Randy Kight
JRK wrote:

Denier-- A unit of fineness for rayon, nylon, and silk fibers, based on a standard mass per length of 1 gram per 9,000 meters of yarn.
1000 denier would be a fiber mass of 1,000 grams per 9,000 meters (or 1 gram per meter) and 1,680 denier would be corresponsingly thicker and heavier and therefore stronger (on the basis of the same material being compared)
Nylon stocking fibers are typically 10 denier or thereabouts, for comparison.