Mastercraft 117-047 Mig Welder - No output, just cooling fan running!

My bro-in-law has a Mastercraft 117-047-902 Mig welder that has no output of any kind, the cooling fan just keeps on running.

It appeared first that a diode was gone (there are 8 in this unit, 2 sets of 4 paralleled). It was replaced and worked for a few minutes then the main breaker tripped in the panel box. Now, he's found another diode shorted and it was replaced but now only has a running cooling fan.

From a bit of research on the net I think they are made by Century. If

anyone has a schematic or owner's manual for this unit. Please email or post it!

Any repair tips on this fault would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Tyrone

Reply to
tyrone_park

Have you e-mailed Century? I recently e-mailed Lincoln for schematics for two discontinued products and they e-mailed them to me. Twice, because the first e-mail was corrupted. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Lincoln now owns Century - when they got 'em they promptly discontinued the Century line. You might get somewhere by asking Lincoln. Maybe.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

An example of why it is good to buy brand names...............

Reply to
Steve B

It has a "mastercraft" label on it? I would do the irate consumer thing big time. Crappy Tire will usually stand by their branded tools. You need my son-in-law. I wish I could loan him to you. Usually the branded stuff has a pretty good warranty.... unless you have been pushing the duty cycle. Randy

It appeared first that a diode was gone (there are 8 in this unit, 2 sets of 4 paralleled). It was replaced and worked for a few minutes then the main breaker tripped in the panel box. Now, he's found another diode shorted and it was replaced but now only has a running cooling fan.

anyone has a schematic or owner's manual for this unit. Please email or post it!

Any repair tips on this fault would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Tyrone

Reply to
R. Zimmerman