Scaling and Configurations

I would like to create configurations for different sizes of a part. The sizes are always uniform, therefore a simple scale feature would do the trick. Does anyone know if there is a way to have different scaling factors in a scale feature from configuration to configuration?

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Hello!

Add few scale features and supress and unsupress w/ specific configuration. In 2003 it's the only way I think...

Regards

U¿ytkownik "Seth Renigar" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:nt1Xc.281$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com...

Reply to
zygzag

How about a design table that has a "full size" one defined and also a "scale" property cell set to 1. Then in the table, each config has all the cells defined as the "full" one * the scale factor cell. I think it would work, but you would have to watch how you defined your features so they change properly.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne,

Good idea.... if it were a geometrically defined part.

Basically the part is nothing more than a model representation of a customers logo. I took a JPEG of their logo a traced around it with a lot of splines to create my extrudes. None of the sketches are fully defined (or even partially for that matter). We will be using this logo on a multitude of projects for this customer using different sizes here and there. I wanted to simply have a config for each of the sizes.

Looks like zygzag's solution will work. I had already thought of this, but I was hoping there was an easier way...

Thanks,

Reply to
Seth Renigar

If you have to add scales many times I would suggest creating a simple macro. Record the adding of a scale feature, you will get something like this

Dim swApp As Object Dim Part As Object Dim boolstatus As Boolean Dim longstatus As Long, longwarnings As Long Dim FeatureData As Object Dim Feature As Object Dim Component As Object Sub main()

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc

'the first .5 is the X second Y third Z Set Feature = Part.FeatureManager.InsertScale(0, True, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5) '"50%" would be the new features name. Part.SelectedFeatureProperties 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, "50%" Part.ClearSelection2 True Part.ClearSelection2 True

End Sub

This will add a centroid scale feature that would scale to 50% and be named

50% With a little more trouble you could add a user form, and a little bit more the ability for it to create a new config.

To keep it simple

1)Create each new config while the default (assuming this is the unscaled config) is active. 2)do not use derived configs(this way the new feature will be suppressed in all other configs)

message

Reply to
Corey Scheich