Improving Configurations

I still use 2006, and often make maybe 5-10 configurations of a part which has optional features, and in the part solid, there are times when I finish and everything is OK (no Red) and I go to the assembly, and the part then has an error.

The worst offender seems to be a sketch which is in a Supressed feature, which turns 'On' (but not the Feature made from the sketch). Once I Supress the erant Sketch, all is well, though sometimes it does the same thing over again.

Anyone else see this?

Anyone know why it happens?

Am I mistaken, or do configurations need a bit more work?

Thanks - Bo

Reply to
Bo

Think my Subject needs to be more descriptive, so...There it is.

Thanks - Bo

Bo wrote:

Reply to
Bo

Yes.

No.

Yes.

(Practicing my "strong, silent type" speech.)

Jerry Steiger

When you create the configuration what are the settings in the config property manager?

Did you try making a design table. If there are differences and you autopopulate you will get STATE changes from S to R for various features. You can then use the table to drive them the way you want them.

Bo wrote:

Reply to
TOP