Extremely Brittle Coatings

Everyone wants a tough flexible coating but what about the opposite.
Does anyone have a list of brittle coatings?
The salt that dries on pumpkin seed shells might be a start in the
right direction.
Bret "Wrong Way" Cahill
Are you thinking of someting like an abradable coating.?

That might not necessarily be brittle. A ceramic might be what I want, although high temp. is not an issue.
. . .

Bret_E snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

To do what? Don't ask for a material reccomendation without specifying the application or (if it's proprietary) a reasonably complete list of the desired material properties.
If you don't know where you're going, we can't tell you how to get there.
On Sun, 24 May 2009 11:37:55 -0700, Mark Thorson wrote:

Yes, for example, a thin layer of plaster on a balloon.
Al
alchazz wrote:

An electric tractor made out of plaster? Is that the application? I wonder who currently owns the rights to the Trabant brand name?
If abradable certamics are not what you want are you looking for Are you looking for a coating that cracks and flakes off when deformed; to serve a function similar to impact indicator paints?