impact testing in plastics

can someone please help me in explaining difference between Izod Impact testing and Charpy Impact testing thanks in advace for your advice
waiting for feedback from experts
On Sep 2, 4:40 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The basic difference is that the rectangular prism sample in Izod impacting is held on only one end, with the other end being impacted (causing a bending fracture). In Charpy, both ends are held fixed and the center is impacted (also a bending fracture mode). My experience is in metals, but I believe Izod is usually an un-notched sample while Charpy is usually notched. However, Charpy does have un-notched samples within the test specification, per ASTM.
ASTM would be the the source for the fine details on these two methods.