Measuring optical clarity in molded plastic components

We will be receiving some components from suppliers. Pieces are from 5 to 50 cm in width/length, 1 to 3 mm thickness.
We would like to test the flat surfaces of clear components for
optical clarity in visible light at red, yellow, green & blue wavelengths. We are especially concerned with consistency over the entire surface. We would like to scan over the surface automatically, say take readings every square cm, and record to HD.
Any recommendations on apparatus and suppliers? So far, I have come across photometers, but restricted to measuring water quality or ambient light.
Kind regards,
Yimin Rong
A colorimeter would work. Check out: www.hunterlab.com, they might be able to help you with the automation part.