Permeability of steels

Hi
I was searching the web for the permeability of various steels (ideally as a function of temperature, but room temperature is fine as an
indication), such as DIN 1.0737, DIN 1.4016 and ARMCO. Unfortunately, I did not find satisfying data.
Does anybody know the values or a good resource where I can find these and values for other materials/steels?
Thanks for any help. Gerd
Gerd wrote:

    I'm assuming that you refer to magnetic permeability. Try Google "magnetic permeability of steel ARMCO" you get 365 hits.
ARMCO was made for use as a magnetic material, so there is data for it. I'm not sure if this is also true for the DIN steels. Magnetic data is generally not available for steels that are made for structural use.
Permeability is highly structure-sensitive, so can vary a lot with deformation, annealing conditions, crystallographic texture, etc. It also varies with flux density, and (if measured using ac) with frequency and with sheet thickness.
Gerd ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) wrote: : Hi
: I was searching the web for the permeability of various steels (ideally : as a function of temperature, but room temperature is fine as an : indication), such as DIN 1.0737, DIN 1.4016 and ARMCO. Unfortunately, I : did not find satisfying data.
: Does anybody know the values or a good resource where I can find these : and values for other materials/steels?
: Thanks for any help. : Gerd
"C.D. Graham" wrote:

Also surface treatment. Electropolishing will remove the surface deformed layer.