DSC and pvT data for PMMA and PA12

Hi I am conducting a transient thermal solution for plastic materials for which I need specific heat, conductivity and density data for these materials as functions of temperature (room temp to melt or 250 C). Is there any reference that you know of where I could find this data. I have seen that for most polymers the conductivity does not vary significantly (~ 10% or less) as a function of temperature (room temp to about 250 C). So I am assuming that conductivity is constant within these temperatures. Is that a good assumption. Sincerely Narasinh C. Parasnis

Reply to
Narasinha Parasnis

No. Thermal conductivity increases 0.1% per degC or more in representative plastics. I then asked myself why I spent the seven minutes it took to review 2 or 3 pages of google results until I found a representative graph with these data. If you are conducting a transient thermal analysis, I could wish your preparations were somewhat more assiduous.

Brian W

Reply to
Brian Whatcott