plastic pop bottles - what kind of plastic?

I suspect polycarbonate.
What are they made of and how much do they cost the bottling companies?

The recycle logo on my Jolt bottle says PETE. That's polyethylene. I don't know what they cost, but it's more than the beverage.
--
Irony: "Small businesses want relief from the flood of spam clogging their
in-boxes, but they fear a proposed national 'Do Not Spam' registry will