Metallic sheet thinner than aluminum foil?

Hi,

I'm using aluminum foil to act as a spacer between two heated pieces of glass to allow a layer of wax to pass through the space. However, standard aluminum foil has proven to be too thick -- is there a product I could purchase that would fit the bill -- a thinner sheet of a metal that is not combustable at temps of about 250 degrees?

Thanks,

- jim

jlafferty

Thin aluminum foil, obviously!

The only supplier I know anything about is Goodfellow. But they're rather pricey for small samples.

Reply to
Gregory L. Hansen

Gold leaf is probably the thinnest metal foil readily available.

Reply to
David Deuchar

Dissolve the plastic from an aluminized Doritos bag?

Reply to
Gregory L. Hansen

Chocolate wrapper ? Peel the paper off the back first.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Thanks for the responses -- the chocolate wrapper idea is great!

jlafferty