Metallic sheet thinner than aluminum foil?

Hi,
I'm using aluminum foil to act as a spacer between two heated pieces of glass to allow a layer of wax to pass through the space. However,
standard aluminum foil has proven to be too thick -- is there a product I could purchase that would fit the bill -- a thinner sheet of a metal that is not combustable at temps of about 250 degrees?
Thanks,
- jim

Thin aluminum foil, obviously!
The only supplier I know anything about is Goodfellow. But they're rather pricey for small samples.
--
"'No user-serviceable parts inside.' I'll be the judge of that!"

Gold leaf is probably the thinnest metal foil readily available.

Dissolve the plastic from an aluminized Doritos bag?
--
"When the fool walks through the street, in his lack of understanding he
calls everything foolish." -- Ecclesiastes 10:3, New American Bible
jlafferty wrote:

Chocolate wrapper ? Peel the paper off the back first.
Steve
Thanks for the responses -- the chocolate wrapper idea is great!