Re: 40,000 V vs. 350 mV

Here's a question for scientists only.

It has been demonstrated that metal amlagam dental fillings generate electrical potentials with magnitudes of up to 350 millivolts. See:

And the resting potential of the human neurological synapse has a magnitude of only 70 millivolts.

Does anyone think that the fact that the static electrical charges generated by some articles of clothing may be measured in many thousands of volts somehow proves that the electrical potentials generated by amalgam dental fillings are not able to dissipate electrical energy through the nerves in people's heads?

And, if so, how does it?

Keith P Walsh

Reply to
Keith P Walsh

here is the answer. no. no one can ever prove that fillings are not able to dissipate electrical energy through the nerves in a head. it is absolutely impossible due to the statement of the question.. you can never prove that something can't happen because all you have to do is to find that one example, no matter how rare or how contrived, where it does happen and the proof is blown. so stop asking the same ridiculous question over and over, it can't be proved the way you are asking it. period.

Reply to
Dave

"Keith P Walsh" wrote .............

Anyone? Gee, I don't know. There are about 6.5 billion people in the world and I have a pretty busy schedule for the rest of the day. Get back to me after you have asked the first 6 billion and see if my schedule has lightened up any. Maybe I can ask a few myself then.

carabelli

Reply to
carabelli

I still have all the numbers you could ever want on this issue. So you can provide a method to compensate me for my research (and the price keeps going up due to your refusal to consider this) or you can continue to be the butt of an exceedingly large number of jokes.

Here is a better question: is there anyone that can provide the definitive answer as to why Keith P Walsh refuses to go to the physics department of his local college/university so as to get these answers.

All answers except lollys accepted.

Reply to
Robert Morien

His questions are beyond their scope.

They cannot prove that unicorns do not exist. They cannot prove that amalgams aren't tiny little transceivers intended to signal UFO's into their landing sites. They cannot prove that this thread has taken a downward spiral into the great Usenet commode.

Uhhh.... they may be able to prove the last one...

Reply to
billkatz

I'll bet you that in some college or university near his abode, Keith P Walsh could find a PhD in Physics to prove any of those points.

That he hasn't is truly remarkable.

Reply to
Robert Morien

Ok... But do you think this entire topic would flush in a clockwise or counterclockwise rotation in Australia? :)

Reply to
billkatz

Ok... But do you think this entire topic would flush in a clockwise or counterclockwise rotation in Australia? :)

No Bill. Australia flushes in a counterclockerwise fashion around our topics...

That is why they call it "DOWN UNDER"

Reply to
Sue

is australia what keith calls his bum?

Reply to
Robert Morien

"the nerves in people's heads"

That is wonderful scientific terminology. I never get tired of laughing at it.

-- W_B

snipped-for-privacy@RBAGEyahoo.com Take out the G'RBAGE

Reply to
W_B

You just fried many of the nerves in many peoples' heads

-- W_B

snipped-for-privacy@RBAGEyahoo.com Take out the G'RBAGE

Reply to
W_B

He can't read a map.

-- W_B

snipped-for-privacy@RBAGEyahoo.com Take out the G'RBAGE

Reply to
W_B

Those aren't available where KPW is currently under observation.

-- W_B

snipped-for-privacy@RBAGEyahoo.com Take out the G'RBAGE

Reply to
W_B

Do you think that it should be possible using modern instrumentation to detect whether or not neurological function in the vicinity of teeth with amalgam fillings is consistently different from neurological function in the vicinity of teeth without?

Keith P Walsh

Reply to
Keith P Walsh

Now Tech way to test. Chew on some aluminum foil.

Reply to
Charles

[comma]
[comma]
[any]
[insert test object here]
[any]
[insert test object here]

A truly scientific method axiom is:

One *cannot* prove a negative.

SP and me are back to our testing of the nerves in other peoples heads.

-- W_B

snipped-for-privacy@RBAGEyahoo.com Take out the G'RBAGE

Reply to
W_B

Do you? Does lolly?

Reply to
Robert Morien

No doubt about that.

With some electronics tinkering you can make a Dental Amalgam LCD Watch Dental Amalgam Pocket Calculator Dental Amalgam Radio

With all your teeth filled appropriately, you might be able to run a

Dental Amalgam Hybrid Car.

During use of the device you connect 2 electrodes to your teeth fillings, cables hanging out of your mouth.

w.

Reply to
Helmut Wabnig

Everybody knows that chewing on aluminum foil will dissipate EM therefore voiding his "nerve experiment". OTOH, if KW duct tapes twenty or so cats onto his body and walks into a dog pound, he should generate enough electrostatic potential to realize measurable results.

Reply to
billkatz

[snip]

And yet when I examined the reference he gives in another post:

This paper consists of measuring the DC electrical potential of metal fillings (with respect to a reference electrode placed underneath the tongue) --- which is exactly galvanic activity.

What exactly is Mr. Walsh talking about? 1. DC electrical potentials caused by galvanic activity? 2. Induced potential (Faradaic activity) caused by the movement of the filling with respect to a stationary magnetic field? 3. Induced potential (Faradaic activity) caused by time-varying magnetic fields.

Reply to
Olin Perry Norton