Titanium "Burning in nitrogen" ??

I just ran across a reference to titanium as being "the only element that burns in nitrogen". I'm guessing that they mean that titanium
may evolve flames in a nitrogen ambient. Is this the case ? If not, what do they mean?
(BTW, the reference came from the LANL site, so I tend to think there is some credibility to it). I'm just curious about this, as I've never heard such a thing !
Thanks for your insights. Posted at: http://www.groupsrv.com
When burnt in air, magnesium metal will form magnesium nitride along with the MgO. Whether it will "burn" in pure nitrogen, I can't say.-Jitney